Who am I?
Hi, pleased to meet you…
I’m Kelly, I was born in 1977 (not yet 40!). I live in Shoreham-By-Sea near Brighton, at the foot of the South Downs National Park and I love it here. I live with my amazingly talented and supportive husband Joss who built this wedding venue directory, our two children Jimmy and Matilda and our French Bulldog Teddy.
I started this wedding venue directory because I was forever being asked by couples that visited my Belles Events Wedding Fairs ‘do you know any really unique, quirky, unusual wedding venues, is there a wedding venue directory without all the hotels and twee barns?’ After searching I realised it was hard to find a really great site with only ‘Truly Quirky Wedding Venues’, there were sites with quite special venues and venues claiming to be unique, quirky unusual wedding venues but I could see why couples were disheartened.
But, now I say ‘YES, I know loads of unusual wedding venues’.
I am so excited about the amazing, unique and totally awesome, unusual wedding venues we have on board and I know you will be just as excited to read about them. If you find a venue you love on here let us know if you book it as we would love to find out how you get on and of course we’d love to do a photo blog of your big day to add to The Truly Quirky Wedding Venue Blog.
Enjoy the this unique and unusual wedding venues directory.
Photos by Sacco & Sacco Photography
- Family. What is life without those special beasts?
- Friends and socialising with them.
- Laughing, the best remedy!
- Coffee in my favourite local coffee shop.
- Brighton in the winter.
- Teddy my French Bulldog.
- The sea and the beach, any time of year.
- Work. Especially coming up with new ideas.
- Mustard and grey.
- Festivals with AND without the littles.
- Waking up in our T25 and making a bacon butty.
- Sherry, wine, Guinness (yeah I like a drink).
- Re-arranging my house.
- Moomins, especially Little My.
- My allotment.
- Long massages.
- Dancing until the sun comes up.
- The purple ones.
- Clean bed linen.
- Pretending I’m getting married again (sorry Joss).
- Oh and of course totally unusual wedding venues!